Unzipping your Bean Bags
Zipper Instructions – please note, but Australian law, our bean bags’ zippers are supplied with no lids, this is to prevent children from opening the bean bag and accessing the bean fill, which can be a safety hazard for children:
Instructions for Filling your Bean Bag
How do you fill bean bags? Ok… We get this question lots… You are wondering how to fill them, especially without spilling all the beans everywhere but inside the bean bag cover itself. We are going to make this as simple as possible for you. Follow these steps and you should not have too much spillage.
- All Mooi Living Designer Bean Bags meet Australian Safety Standards and therefore all zipper pullers of the covers have been removed so they are not accidentally opened by children. A paper clip is best used to open the bean bag cover to pour the beans in.
- If you ordered a bean bag with an inner mesh bag, please make sure that you fill the inner bag with the bean or foam filling. Once filled, put inside the covers.
- Grab someone (if you can) to help you out. If not use some large bulldog clips to clip the bean bags to a suitable surface/object that can hold your cover up.
- We do recommend filling your bean bag in a bath or a more confined area to prevent beans spilling everywhere.
- To fill your bean bags with as less spillage as possible, we recommend creating a funnel with a piece of cupboard to help funnel the beans into your bean bag cover.
- Cut the corner of the bag of beans (not the whole top) otherwise you are asking for spillage.
- Slowly pour the bag of beans into the funnel. Once funnel is full, lift the bean bag cover and manuvre it around to let the beans fill the cover.
- Repeat step 6 until your bean bag cover looks full.
- Once bean bag cover is full, close it with a paperclip and shake it up to see if you have enough beans in it. Sit on it, get a good feel and decide if you need more beans or not.
- If your bean bag needs more beans repeat steps 6-8.
- Once bean bags are full to your desire, the most important thing is, sit back, relax and enjoy!
Filling the Boss Bean Bag
Instructions for Filling the Boss Bean Bag
Boss Bean Bag has three inner liners marked 1, 2, 3
Mark 1: is the inner liner of the seat front part, filling around 118Litres of beans
Mark 2: is the inner liner of the back top part – filling around 42-L of bean filling
Mark 3 is the inner liner of the middle part, approx. 147 Litres of bean filling required.
You can adjust the filling volume based on your preference. Enjoy
Filling Requirements for each Bean Bag
Indoor Bean Bags
- Boss Bean Bag: 350 Litres of beans or 7kg of foam fill
- Boss Ottoman – 55L of Bean Fill or 2 kg of foam fill
- Brooklyn Leather Look: 350-400L of bean Fill or 8-9kg of foam fill
- Canvas Triangle Bean Bag: 320L of Bean Fill or 7kg of foam fill
- Chill Bean Bag Lounger: 600 litres of bean filling recommended
- Daybed Lounger: 380 litres of beans recommended
- Double Boss Bean Bag Sofa – 600L bean fill (recommended Bean Fill only)
- Komfort Triangle Large: 480 litres of beans or 10kg of Foam Fill
- Komfort Triangle Bean Bag: 280-300 litres of bean fill or 6-7kg of Foam
- Mini Triangles: 120-150L of Bean Filling
- Mini Canvas Triangles – 150L of Bean Fill or 3kg of Foam Filling
- Vintage Chair & Ottoman: 350 litres of beans for the chair & 50 litres for the ottoman – 8-9kg of Foam Fill for both recommended
Outdoor Bean Bags
- Bora Bora Chair: 450 litres of bean filling recommended
- Cojelo Sauve UV Lounger: 500 litres of bean for filling
- Chill UV Double Seater – 600 Litres of bean filling
- Isla Lounger: 500-550 litres of bean filling recommended
- Lachlan Lounger: 550 litres of bean filling recommended
- Mini Pods: 270 litres of bean filling recommended
- Nevaeh Sunbed: 1000 litres of bean filling recommended
- Outdoor Ottoman – 75L of Bean Filling
- Universal Cushion: 300-340 litres of beans recommended
- Unplug Triangle Bean Bag: 300 litres of beans recommended
The Nevaeh double sun bed, requires a little work to get the right shape. Most importantly, you will need to ensure the inner bag is lined up with the covers. Watch this instruction video for more details.